155th Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line)
|New York City Subway rapid transit station|
Brooklyn bound platform
|Address||West 155th Street & St. Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032
|Locale||Washington Heights, Hamilton Heights, Harlem|
|Line||IND Eighth Avenue Line|
|Services||A (late nights)
C (all except late nights)
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: M3, Bx6, Bx6 SBS|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||September 10, 1932 |
|Passengers (2016)||881,431 4.6%|
|Rank||373 out of 422|
|Next north||163rd Street – Amsterdam Avenue: A C|
|Next south||145th Street: A C|
155th Street is a local station on the IND Eighth Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located under the intersection of 155th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, at the border of Harlem and Washington Heights neighborhoods of Manhattan, it is served by the C train at all times except nights, when the A train takes over service.
|B1||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent|
|B2||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound local||← toward 168th Street ( toward 207th Street late nights) (163rd Street – Amsterdam Avenue)|
|Southbound local||→ toward Euclid Avenue ( toward Far Rockaway late nights) (145th Street) →|
|B3||Northbound express||← does not stop here|
|Southbound express||→ does not stop here →|
The station once had a full-length mezzanine, but the south end at 153rd Street is now closed and used as a MTA New York City Transit facility. The north end at 155th Street has vent chambers and a high ceiling.
- 2 stairs at NW corner of St. Nicholas Avenue and West 155th Street
- 2 stairs at NE corner of St. Nicholas Avenue and West 155th Street
- 2 stairs at SW corner of St. Nicholas Avenue and West 155th Street
- New York Times, List of the 28 Stations on the New Eighth Ave Line, September 10, 1932, page 6
- "Station Developers' Information". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "NYC Subway Wireless – Active Stations". Transit Wireless Wifi. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2011–2016". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. May 31, 2017. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- Station Reporter — C Train Archived March 13, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Crowell, Paul (September 10, 1932). "Gay Midnight Crowd Rides First Trains In The New Subway: Throngs at Station an Hour Before Time, Rush Turnstiles When Chains are Dropped". New York Times. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- "Review of the A and C Lines" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. December 11, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "MTA Neighborhood Maps: Harlem / Hamilton Heights" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 155th Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line).|
- nycsubway.org – IND 8th Avenue: 155th Street
- Station Reporter — C Train
- The Subway Nut — 155th Street Pictures
- 155th Street southwestern corner entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View