1560 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1560
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1560 in Ireland.
- January - Act of Supremacy (Ireland) Act passed.
- Queen Elizabeth I of England and Ireland orders the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, the Earl of Sussex, to appoint John Challoner of Dublin as the first Chief Secretary for Ireland "because at this present there is none appointed to be Clerk of our Council there, and considering how more meet it were, that in our realm there were for our honour one to be our Secretary there for the affairs of our Realm".
- Sir Valentine Blake, merchant (d. 1635)
- Florence MacCarthy, The MacCarthy Mór, Prince of Carbery (d. 1640)
- Fláithrí Ó Maol Chonaire, Franciscan (d. 1629)
- Possible date - Constantine Ó Nialláin, soldier and Capuchin friar (d. after 1621)
- Luke Netterville, judge (b. c.1510)
- 2 Eliz.1 c. 1.
- Wood, Herbert (1928). "The Offices of Secretary of State for Ireland and Keeper of the Royal Privy Seal". Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, Section C: Archaeology, Celtic Studies, History, Linguistics, Literature. Dublin: 51.