1571 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1571
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1571 in Ireland.
- February – John Perrot is made Lord President of Munster.
- February 3 – Miler Magrath is appointed Church of Ireland Archbishop of Cashel (being translated from Clogher) while simultaneously retaining the title of Roman Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor. He will retain his new post until his death in 1622.
- November – Sir Thomas Smith is granted a patent and indenture from Queen Elizabeth I to establish an English colony on 360,000 acres (145,690 ha) of land in north Down in the territory of the Clandeboye O’Neills.
- First printing in the Irish language in Dublin, Aibidil Gaoidheilge agus Caiticiosma, a primer printed by John Kearney.
- Henry I De Coursey (in Dublin)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Moody, T. W.; Martin, F. X., eds. (1967). The Course of Irish History. Cork: Mercier Press. p. 371.
|This Irish history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|