1578 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1578 in Scotland|
|1576 | 1577 | 1578 | 1579 | 1580|
Events from 1578 in Scotland
Monarch - James VI
- Battle of the Spoiling Dyke at Trumpan on Skye: the Clan MacLeod are victorious over the MacDonalds of Uist.
- Robert Boyd, Principal of University of Glasgow (d. 1627)
- William Welwod, jurist (d. 1622)
- Gilbert Jack, philosopher (d. 1628)
- 14 April - James Hepburn, 4th Earl of Bothwell, third husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, in Denmark (b. c.1534)
- May/September - Robert Richardson, lord treasurer
- September/October - Alexander Hepburn, Bishop of Ross
- James Douglas, 7th Baron Drumlanrig, noble
- National Galleries of Scotland. "James Hepburn, 4th Earl of Bothwell, c 1535-1578, Third husband of Mary Queen of Scots − Artists A-Z − Online Collection − Collection − National Galleries of Scotland". Archived from the original on 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|