1580 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Concerto delle donne is founded by Alfonso II, Duke of Ferrara.
- Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina loses his wife in an outbreak of plague.
- Luca Marenzio – First book of madrigals a5
- July 6 - Johann Stobäus, composer (d. 1646)
- date unknown – Johannes Hieronymus Kapsberger, performer and composer of lute, theorbo and chitarrone music (d. 1651)
- January 18 – Antonio Scandello, composer (b. 1517)
- April 1 – Alonso Mudarra, Spanish composer and vihuelist (b. c.1510)
- September 15 - Geert van Turnhout, composer (b. c.1530)
- November 30 - Richard Farrant, composer of English church music, choirmaster, playwright and theatrical producer (b. c.1530)