1582 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1582 in Scotland|
|1580 | 1581 | 1582 | 1583 | 1584|
Events from 1582 in Scotland
Monarch - James VI
- 22 August - Raid of Ruthven: a political conspiracy of Presbyterian nobles abduct the King.
- George Buchanan's History of Scotland (Rerum Scoticarum Historia) is first published, in Edinburgh.
- Donald Monro's Description of the Western Isles of Scotland (1549) is first published.
- 28 January - John Barclay, writer, satirist and poet (died 1621 in Rome)
- 7 August - William Douglas, 7th Earl of Morton, Lord High Treasurer of Scotland (died 1648)
- Alexander Leslie, 1st Earl of Leven, soldier (died 1661)
- William Lithgow, traveller, writer and alleged spy (died 1645)
- 3 July - James Crichton, polymath (born 1560) (fatally stabbed in Mantua)
- 28 September - George Buchanan, Scottish historian (born 1506)
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|