1583 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in Scotland
Timeline of Scottish history
1583 in: England • Ireland • Elsewhere
Events from the year 1583 in the Kingdom of Scotland.
Monarch - James VI
- June — James VI regains his freedom following the Raid of Ruthven.
- James VI signs a charter (dated 1582) creating the Tounis College, the modern-day University of Edinburgh.
- Elizabeth Woodford
- Approximate date —
- 26 May — Esmé Stewart, 1st Duke of Lennox (born 1542)
- 13 December — Thomas Smeton, minister and academic (born 1536)
- December — James Balfour, Lord Pittendreich, lawyer (born c. 1525)
- Alexander Arbuthnot, minister, academic and poet (born 1538)
- John Cockburn of Ormiston, Protestant laird
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|