1589 in Scotland
|See also:||List of years in Scotland
Timeline of Scottish history
1589 in: England • Ireland • Elsewhere
Events from the year 1589 in the Kingdom of Scotland.
Monarch – James VI
- 20 August – Anne of Denmark marries James VI by proxy at Kronborg
- 23 November – James VI and Anne of Denmark marry formally at the Old Bishop's Palace in Oslo
- Golf is played on Glasgow Green
- 9 December – John Fleming, 2nd Earl of Wigtown (died 1650)
- William Douglas, 1st Marquess of Douglas (died 1660)
- James King, 1st Lord Eythin, soldier (died 1652 in Sweden)
- Probable – George Jamesone, portrait painter (died 1644)
- 7 September – Jane Kennedy, companion of Mary, Queen of Scots (drowned while making ferry crossing across the Forth to greet the new queen, Anne of Denmark)
- 28 December – George Douglas, Bishop of Moray
- Bates, Earl (1998-06-16). "Info on John Fleming, b.1589, Scotland". Genealogy.com. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "John Fleming, 2nd Earl of Wigton (1589–1650)". Geni. 2013-11-24. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- Calendar State Papers Scotland, vol. 10 (1936), p. 165–6, letters of William Ashby to Walsingham and William Cecil.