|Cardinal||one hundred fifty-nine|
(one hundred fifty-ninth)
|Factorization||3 × 53|
|Divisors||1, 3, 53, 159|
- the sum of 3 consecutive prime numbers: 47 + 53 + 59.
- a Woodall number.
- equal to the sum of the squares of the digits of its own square in base 15.
- Only 5 numbers (greater than 1) have this property in base 15, none in base 10.
- 159 Aemilia is a large Main belt asteroid
- NGC 159 is a galaxy in the constellation of Phoenix
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which will begin on May 23, 2134 and end June 17, 3378. The duration of Saros series 159 is 1244.0 years, and it will contain 70 solar eclipses
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series, which will begin on September 9, 2147 and end November 7, 3445. The duration of Saros series 159 is 1298.1 years, and it will contain 73 lunar eclipses
- 159P/LONEOS is a periodic comet in our solar system
- The state of Georgia has 159 counties
- Sherwood No. 159, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality in Saskatchewan, Canada
In the military
- USS Antrim (AK-159) was a United States Navy Alamosa class cargo ship during World War II
- USS Change (AM-159) was a United States Navy Admirable class minesweeper during World War II
- USS Darke (APA-159) was a United States Navy Haskell class attack transport during World War II
- USS Feldspar (IX-159) was a United States Navy concrete barge during World War II
- USS General Stuart Heintzelman (AP-159) was a United States Navy concrete barge following World War II
- USS Laning (DE-159) was a United States Navy Buckley class destroyer escort during World War II
- USS Schenck (DD-159) was a United States Navy Wickes class destroyer during World War II
- Aero L-159 ALCA (Advanced Light Combat Aircraft) is a Czechoslovakian-built multi-role combat aircraft in service with the Czech Air Force
- The Alfa Romeo 159 compact executive car produced from 2005 to 2011
- The Ferrari 159 S racecar
- The Peugeot Type 159 was produced in 1919
- The British Rail Class 159, a member of the Sprinter family), is a diesel multiple unit, produced from 1989–1993
- London Buses route 159
- TWA Flight 159, a Boeing 707, while on its takeoff roll from Greater Cincinnati Airport, passed Delta Flight 379, a DC-9 on the runway on November 6, 1967
In other fields
159 is also:
- The year AD 159 or 159 BC
- 159 AH is a year in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 775 – 776 CE
- The atomic number of an element temporarily called Unpentennium
- The chemical element terbium has a stable Isotope of 159 neutrons
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Number 159, The Fair Value Option for Financial Assets and Financial Liabilities
- List of highways numbered 159
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 159
- United States Supreme Court cases, Volume 159
- "Sloane's A003261 : Woodall (or Riesel) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A270304 : Numbers that equal the sum of the squares of the digits of their own square in base 15". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Sloane's A028442 : Numbers n such that Mertens' function is zero". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- Shop, Dart. "Peg Out Chart | Dart Check Out Chart | Dart Shop". www.dartshop.com.au. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 159 (number).|