15 Westferry Circus
|15 Westferry Circus|
|Roof||44.5 m (146 ft)|
|Floor area||16,255 m2 (174,970 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Terry Farrell and Partners|
15 Westferry Circus is a 16,250 m² (175,000 sq ft) building on Canary Wharf. Construction began in November 1998. Its finish marked the completion of the Westferry Complex, the westernmost point of Canary Wharf.
The building was designed to fully incorporate the requirements of the tenant, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, who also occupied the adjoining building. Their lease began in March 2000, the same month Citigroup leased 25 Canada Square.
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter sublet the building to Tube Lines. They share the building leading to the video wall, built for use in stock trading but used as a Recovery Silver Control for the London Underground in the aftermath of the London Bombings. In 2013 Morgan Stanley vacated the building and it was taken over by London Underground Ltd, who had taken over Tube Lines.
The ownership of this building was the subject of a protracted legal dispute in Ireland in 2012.
- Unknown (2002). "History of Canary Wharf". CanaryWharf.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2006. Retrieved 15 August 2006.
- Terry Farrell (2002). "Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London 2001–2002". Terry Farrell. Archived from the original on 20 July 2006. Retrieved 14 August 2006.
- Graham Jones (2005). "The terrorist attacks on London Underground" (PDF). London Underground Ltd. Retrieved 15 August 2006.
- Unknown (2006). "London Marathon 2006 course" (PDF). World Marathon Majors. Retrieved 15 August 2006.
- Mary Carolan (2012). "Solicitor Brian O'Donnell, his wife and two adult sons have asked the High Court to halt proceedings by Bank of Ireland alleging fraud against them over an alleged conspiracy to put in place a "blatant" scheme to put property assets in London beyond its reach.". The Irish Times. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 15 Westferry Circus.|
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|