1601 in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- January 1 – Retrospectively the epoch reference date from which ANSI dates are counted in COBOL and other computer languages, and the base of file and Active Directory Logon dates in Microsoft Windows.
Physiology and medicine
- Giulio Cesare Casseri publishes a treatise on the anatomy of the vocal and auditory organs Latin: De vocis auditusque organis historia anatomica in Ferrara.
- August 20 – Pierre de Fermat, French mathematician (d. 1665)
- possible date – Edward Somerset, 2nd Marquess of Worcester, English inventor (d. 1667)
- "INFO: Working with the FILETIME Structure". Microsoft. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Dandelions, VCR Clocks, and Last Logon Times: These Are a Few of Our Least Favorite Things". Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog. Microsoft. Retrieved 2011-10-25.