1610 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1610
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1610 in Ireland.
- Plantations of Ireland in the north of County Wexford, on lands confiscated from the MacMurrough-Kavanagh clan; and by William Bailie in County Cavan (where he begins construction of Bailieborough Castle).
- Construction of Antrim Castle is begun.
- Poet and historian Geoffrey Keating (Seathrún Céitinn) is appointed by the Catholic Church to the cure of souls at Uachtar Achaidh in the parish of Knockgraffon, near Cahir, County Tipperary.
- Barnabe Rich publishes A New Description of Ireland.
- October 19 – James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, Anglo-Irish statesman and soldier (d. 1688)
- Bonaventure Baron, Franciscan theologian (d. 1696)
- John Bathe, Jesuit (d. 1649)
- Guildford Slingsby, politician (d. 1643)
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|