162nd Division (Israel)
The Israel Defense Forces 162nd Armor Division, also known as the Steel Formation (Hebrew: עֻצְבַּת הַפְּלָדָה, Utzbat HaPlada), is a regular-service armor division in the IDF. It is subordinate to the Southern Regional Command. The division is led by Brigadier-General Moti Baruch.
Although attached to the Central Command at the time, the 162nd Division participated in battles against Hezbollah, from July to August 2006, in the western sector of southern Lebanon and north of Bint Jbail. The division reached the strategic Litani River, that separates Hezbollah-controlled Lebanon from central Lebanon. The division participated in additional skirmishes with Hezbollah as late as September 27.
- 162nd Armor Division
- 37th "Ram" (Reserve) Armor Brigade
- 84th "Giv'ati" Infantry Brigade
- 401st "I'kvot Ha-Barzel"/"Iron Trails" Armor Brigade
- 933rd "Nahal" Infantry Brigade
- 215th "Amud ha-Esh"/"Pillar of Fire" Artillery Regiment
- Division Signal Battalion
|This Israel Defense Forces-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|