1641 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1641
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1641 in Ireland.
- Hugh Og MacMahon and Connor Maguire were to seize Dublin Castle, but are arrested due to an informer.
- Felim O'Neill of Kinard successfully takes several forts in the north of the country, claiming to be acting in the King's name.
- The breakdown of English authority prompts widespread attacks by the dispossessed Irish population on the English and Scottish settlers. Ardfert and Dromore Cathedrals are burned down,[unreliable source?] Castle Roche ruined and the model town around Dunluce Castle destroyed.
- October - The Irish Rebellion of 1641 starts.
- November 12 - The Parliament of England votes to send an army to Ireland to counter the rebellion.
- November 29 - Battle of Julianstown: Felim O’Neill routs a force of Government soldiers.
- December - Rebel forces under Felim O'Neill begin the Siege of Drogheda.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- "Church History". Dromore Cathedral. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- The News Letter (Belfast) 2011-06-18 p. 3.
- British Civil Wars, Commonwealth and Protectorate 1638-60.
- thePeerage.com - Person Page 444
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|