1643 in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- January 21 – Abel Tasman discovers the Tonga archipelago.
- December 25 – Captain William Mynors of the British East India Company discovers Christmas Island.
- January 4 (NS) – Isaac Newton, English physicist (died 1727)
- Jean de Fontaney, French Jesuit mathematician and astronomer (died 1710)
- April 9 – Benedetto Castelli, Italian mathematician (born 1578)
- November 3
- Sophia Brahe, Danish astronomer (born 1556)
- Gasparo Berti, Italian mathematician, astronomer and physicist (born c. 1600)
- Walter Warner, English scientist (born 1563)
- "Christmas Island history". Australian Government, Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities. 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- Torricelli, Evangelista (1715). "Introduction". Lezioni Accademiche. Florence.