1652 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1652 in music involved some significant events.
- Adam Drese becomes Kapellmeister to Duke Wilhelm IV of Saxe-Weimar.
- Anthoni van Noordt becomes the organist of Nieuwezijdskapel.
- Henry Du Mont – Cantica sacra, a collection of sacred music
- Denis Gaultier – Le Rhétorique des Dieux (the Eloquence of the Gods), a manuscript collection of 56 lute pieces
- April 28 - Magdalena Sibylla of Hesse-Darmstadt, composer of hymns (died 1712)
- May 14 – Johann Philipp Förtsch, composer and doctor (died 1732)
- date unknown - Diego Xaraba, composer (died 1715)
- February 17 – Gregorio Allegri, Italian composer (born 1582)
- April 21 - Pietro Della Valle, traveller, composer and writer on music (born 1586)
- November – Charles Fleury, lutenist (born c.1605)
- date unknown - Filipe de Magalhães, choirmaster and composer (born c.1571)