1650s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1655 in architecture)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1640s . 1650s in architecture . 1660s|
- 1650 - The Marian column in Prague is erected (destroyed 1918).
- 1651 - Collegiate Church of Saint Magdalena and Saint Stanisław in Poznań (Poland) is started (completed c.1701).
- 1652 - Church of the Resurrection, Kostroma.
- 1658 - Terraced houses at 52-55 Newington Green in London, perhaps by Thomas Pidcock, are completed.
- 1650: December 1 (bapt.) - William Talman, English architect, landscape designer and collector (died 1719)
- 1651: March 2 - Carlo Gimach, Maltese architect, engineer and poet (died 1730)
- 1651: September 3 - Roger North, English lawyer, biographer and amateur of the arts (died 1734)
- 1654: May 23 - Nicodemus Tessin the Younger, Swedish baroque architect (died 1728)
- 1655: July 7 - Christoph Dientzenhofer, Bavarian baroque architect (died 1722)
- 1656: July 20 - Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, Austrian baroque architect (died 1723)
- 1652: June 21 - Inigo Jones, English architect and theatrical designer (born 1573)
- 1655: July 15 - Girolamo Rainaldi, Italian architect (born 1570)