1658 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1658 in music involved some significant events.
- Johann Jacob Froberger leaves Vienna for the last time.
- Sir William Davenant's "operatic show," The Cruelty of the Spaniards in Peru, is staged at the Cockpit Theatre in London during the summer.
- Henry Lawes – Ayres and Dialogues for One, Two and Three Voyces, vol. 3
- Etienne Moulinié – Meslanges de sujets Chrestiens ... avec une basse continue, a collection of sacred music
- Johann Caspar Kerll – Applausi Festivi
- April 22 – Giuseppe Torelli, Italian composer (died 1709)
- probable – Jean Desfontaines, composer (died c.1752)