1662 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1662 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1662 in Ireland.
- February 21 – James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, returns to the office of Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (until 1669).
- September – regular Donaghadee to Portpatrick short sea sailings are established.
- Act of Settlement, passed by the Parliament of Ireland, orders that settlers under the Cromwellian Act of Settlement 1652 should give up a portion of their allotted land to "Old English" and "innocent Catholics". The first Court of Claims sits from 20 September 1662 to 21 August 1663.
Arts and literature
- John Ogilby, Master of the Revels in Ireland, opens the first Theatre Royal, Dublin, in Smock Alley.
- April 9 – William Conolly, politician (d.1729)
- William O'Brien, 3rd Earl of Inchiquin, nobleman (d.1719)