1677 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1677
List of years in Denmark
- Monarch – Christian V
- May 31 – The naval Battle of Møn results in Danish victory.
- July 1–2 – The Battle of Køge Bay results in a decisive Danish victory which helps to establish Niels Juel's reputation.
- December 31 – King Christian V creates his mistress Sophie Amalie Moth countess of Samsø.
- Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve's mansion which will later become known as Charlottenborg Palace is completed as the first building at Kongens Nytorv in Copenhagen.
- The first Copenhagen Stocks House, a military prison, is completed at a site just south of the Nyboder barracks.
- The Abrahamstrup estate in Hornsherred becomes known as Jægerspris Castle.
- Thomas Hansen Kingo is appointed Bishop of Funen.
- Peder Hansen Resen publishes a fragment of his otherwise unpublished Atlas Danicus.
Full date unknown
- May 24 – Anders Bording, poet and journalist (b. 1619)
- August 9 – Elisabeth Augusta Lindenov, Countess of Schleswig-Holstein (b. 1623)
- "1677" (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 2011-06-30.