1700s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1700s BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- c. 1700 BC – The last woolly mammoth goes extinct on Wrangel Island.
- c. 1700 BC – The city of Knossos on Crete is destroyed by fire.
- c. 1700 BC – Aegean metalworkers begin creating crafts that rival those of the ancient Near East, whose techniques they seem to borrow.
- c. 1700 BC – The Indus Valley Civilization comes to an end and the Cemetery H culture begins.
- c. 1700 BC – Lila-Ir-Tash starts ruling the Elamite Empire.
- c. 1700 BC – Shang Dynasty begins in China.
- c. 1700 BC – Bronze Age starts in China.
- c. 1700 BC – The Oxus civilization ends in today's Central Asia.
- Jie of Xia, last ruler of the Xia Dynasty, begins ruling around 1706 BC
- Lila-Ir-Tash, king of the Elamite Empire
- Rim-Sin I, king of the city-state of Larsa
- Hammurabi, king of Babylon (according to the short chronology)
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|