From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1712 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Castle Howard in Yorkshire, England (begun 1699), designed by Sir John Vanbrugh and Nicholas Hawksmoor, is completed.
- Roehampton House in Roehampton, London, England, designed by Thomas Archer is completed.
- Palais Trautson in Vienna is built.
- St Alkmund's Church, Whitchurch, Shropshire, England, designed by John Barker, is consecrated.
- Construction of church of Santissimo Nome di Maria e degli Angeli Custodi, Genoa, begins (completed c.1770).