1713 in Scotland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Scotland|
Timeline of Scottish history
1713 in: Great Britain • Wales • Ireland • Elsewhere
Events from the year 1713 in Scotland.
- Lord Advocate – Sir James Stewart
- Solicitor General for Scotland – Thomas Kennedy jointly with Sir James Steuart, Bt.
- Lord President of the Court of Session – Lord North Berwick
- Lord Justice General – Lord Ilay
- Lord Justice Clerk – Lord Grange
- December – the post of Regius Professor of Law at the University of Glasgow is established, considered as the foundation of the University of Glasgow School of Law.
- The main radial roads into Edinburgh are turnpiked.
- 25 May – John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute, Prime Minister of Great Britain and botanist (died 1792 in England)
- 13 October – Allan Ramsay, portrait painter (died 1784 in England)
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|