1715 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1715
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1715 in Ireland.
- County Palatine of Tipperary Act, an Act of the Parliament of Ireland, enables purchase by the crown of rights and revenues in County Tipperary held by the Dukes of Ormonde.
- George Evans is created 1st Baron Carbery in the Peerage of Ireland.
Arts and literature
- First record of the actress and writer Eliza Haywood, performing in Thomas Shadwell's Shakespeare adaptation, Timon of Athens; or, The Man-Hater at the Smock Alley Theatre, Dublin.
- Sir William Johnson, 1st Baronet, pioneer and army officer in colonial New York (d. 1774)
- Patrick Lynch, emigrant to Rio de la Plata, and successful landowner.
- December 14 – Thomas Dongan, 2nd Earl of Limerick, member of Irish Parliament, Royalist military officer during the English Civil War and governor of the Province of New York (b. 1634)