1716 in Ireland
|See also:||Other events of 1716
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1716 in Ireland.
- June 20 – acts of the Parliament of Ireland for:
- The titles Viscount Molesworth and Baron Philipstown, of Swords in the County of Dublin, are created in the Peerage of Ireland for Robert Molesworth.
Arts and literature
- November 12 – Johann Kusser (Cousser) is appointed "Master of the Music, attending His Majesties State in Ireland".
- Sarah Butler's Irish Tales is published in London.
- November 1 – Tichborne Aston, politician (d. 1748)
- William Fisher, politician in Nova Scotia (d. 1777)
- Charles Tottenham, politician (d. 1795)
- Approximate date
- August 6 – Paul Davys, 1st Viscount Mount Cashell, nobleman (b. c. 1670)
- October 17 – Henry Folliott, 3rd Baron Folliott, nobleman, landowner and politician.
- Patrick Donnelly, Roman Catholic Bishop of Dromore and poet (b. 1650)
- Garret Morphey, painter (b. c. 1650)
- 1716 or 1718 – Ruaidhrí Ó Flaithbheartaigh, historian (b. 1629)
- Moody, T. W.; et al., eds. (1989). A New History of Ireland. 8: A Chronology of Irish History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-821744-2.
- Kidd, Charles; Williamson, David, eds. (1990). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage. New York: St Martin's Press.
- Morin, Christina (2012-06-24). "Review: Vertue Rewarded (1693) and Irish Tales (1716)". Pue's Occurrences. Retrieved 2012-08-15.