1710s in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1716 in archaeology)
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The decade of the 1710s in archaeology involved some significant events.
- Formal excavations continue at Pompeii.
- 1710: A few remains of the Temple of Apollo are discovered in Mdina, Malta. Most of the marble blocks were later sculpted into decorative elements for new buildings.
- 1717: Michele Mercati's Metallotheca is published, 124 years after his death.
- 1719: Natural History and Antiquities of Surrey by Richard Rawlinson.
- 1715: February 17 - Antoine Galland (born 1646).
1700s in archaeology
1720s in archaeology
- Caruana, Antonio Annetto (1882). Report on the Phoenician and Roman antiquities in the group of the islands of Malta. Malta: Government Printing Office. p. 89.