From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1722 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Blenheim Palace (begun 1705) in Woodstock, England, designed by John Vanbrugh, is completed.
- Wanstead House, near London, England, designed by Colen Campbell, is completed.
- Castletown House in County Kildare, Ireland, designed by Alessandro Galilei, is completed.
- Pilgrimage Church of Saint John of Nepomuk, Grünberg (Zelená hora), Bohemia, designed by Jan Santini Aichel, is completed.
- Kantajew Temple in Bengal is completed.