From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1727 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The baroque Catholic church of Santiago Apóstol is built in Albatera, Spain.
- The first Palladian villa in Scotland, Mavisbank House, designed by William Adam in collaboration with his client, Sir John Clerk of Penicuik, is completed.
- Widcombe Manor House, Bath, England.
- Church of Saint Maurice (Ebersmunster) in Alsace, designed by Peter Thumb, is completed.
- Trinitarian Church of Bratislava sanctified.
- Baclayon Church in the Philippines rebuilt in stone.
- Virga Jesse church, Hasselt, Flanders, built.
- First Presbyterian Church (Trenton, New Jersey) built.
- Construction of Menshikov Palace (Saint Petersburg) (opened 1711) is completed.