From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)
The year 1732 in architecture involved some significant events.
Theatre Royal, Covent Garden, London.
- August - York Assembly Rooms in England, designed by Lord Burlington, are opened. The Mansion House, York, is also completed this year.
- October 2 - Goodman's Fields Theatre, London, designed by Edward Shepherd, is opened.
- December 7 - Theatre Royal, Covent Garden, London, designed by Edward Shepherd, is opened.
- Trinity College Library in Dublin, designed by Thomas Burgh, is completed.
- Nicola Salvi begins work on the new Trevi Fountain in Rome.
- Work on Palais Rohan in Strasbourg, designed by Robert de Cotte, is started
- Giacomo Amato, Sicilian architect (born 1643)