1733 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1733
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1733 in Ireland.
- January - Influenza epidemic.
- June 25 - Ben and Samuel Burton's Dublin bank failure.
- July 2 - Completion of Dr Steevens' Hospital in Dublin.
- October 24 - Incorporated Society in Dublin for Promoting English Protestant Schools is established to open Irish Charter Schools.
Arts and literature
- June 11 - Peter Russell, gambler, government official, politician and judge in Upper Canada (d. 1808)
- August 1 - Richard Kirwan, scientist (d. 1812)
Full date unknown
- February - Séamas Dall Mac Cuarta, poet (b. c.1647?)
- December 7 - Edward Lovett Pearce, architect (b. 1699)
- Moody, T. W.; et al., eds. (1989). A New History of Ireland. 8: A Chronology of Irish History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-821744-2.
- "Bankers and bankruptcy". History of the Irish Parliament Online. Ulster Historical Foundation. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- Townsend, Horatio (1860). The History of Mercer's Charitable Hospital in Dublin. Dublin: George Herbert. p. 17.