1734 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1734
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1734 in Ireland.
- April 29
- May 19 – George Berkeley is consecrated as Church of Ireland Bishop of Cloyne.
- August 17 – Mercer's Hospital for the sick and poor in Dublin is founded under a bequest of Mary Mercer.
Arts and literature
- March – upper gallery of the Smock Alley Theatre in Dublin collapses for the third time.
- November – George Faulkner begins publication of an edition of Jonathan Swift's Works in Dublin with a corrected text.
- July 25 – Arthur Gore, 2nd Earl of Arran, politician (d. 1809)
- Boetius Egan, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Tuam (d. 1798)
- September 28 – James Hamilton, 6th Earl of Abercorn (b. c.1661)
- Richard Cantillon, economic theorist (b. 1680)