1735 in Scotland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Scotland|
Timeline of Scottish history
1735 in: Great Britain • Wales • Ireland • Elsewhere
Events from the year 1735 in Scotland.
- Lord President of the Court of Session – Lord North Berwick
- Lord Justice General – Lord Ilay
- Lord Justice Clerk – Lord Grange, then Lord Milton
- 8 August – Wade's Bridge, Aberfeldy, built and opened in 1733, is formally opened in the presence of General George Wade.
- 17 May (bapt.) – John Brown, physician (died 1788 in London)
- 20 September – James Keir, geologist, chemist and industrialist (died 1820 in West Bromwich)
- 25 October – James Beattie, poet and moralist (died 1803)
- 14 November – John Howie, biographer (died 1793)
- James Tassie, portrait engraver (died 1799 in London)
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|