1742 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1742
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1742 in Ireland.
- c. March - Newry Canal opened. On 28 March the Cope brings the first load of Tyrone coal carried from Lough Neagh to Dublin by this route.
- 13 April - First performance of Handel's Messiah staged at the Music Hall in Fishamble Street, Dublin. Matthew Dubourg leads the orchestra. Handel leaves Ireland on 13 August.
- September 27 - Hugh Boulter, Anglican Primate of All Ireland (born 1672)
Full date unknown
- Delany, Ruth (1986). A celebration of 250 years of Ireland's Inland Waterways. Belfast: Appletree Press. ISBN 0-86281-200-3.
- Moody, T. W.; et al., eds. (1989). A New History of Ireland. 8: A Chronology of Irish History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-821744-2.
- "BBC History British History Timeline". Archived from the original on 9 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-03.