1744 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Years in Canada:||1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s|
|Years:||1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
|Year list / Timeline|
Events from the year 1744 in Canada.
- France declares war on England (March 15)
- Treaty of Lancaster (English-Iroquois).
- Having begun in Europe in 1740, The War of the Austrian Succession spreads to North America (King George's War).
- Nicolas-Joseph de Noyelles de Fleurimont succeeded Pierre Gaultier de Varennes et de La Vérendrye as the Commandant of the western French forts.
- May 22 - Juan Francisco de la Bodega y Quadra, naval officer, explorer, administrator (d.1794)
- October 6 - James McGill, merchant, philanthropist (d.1813)
- December 10 - William Berczy, painter, architect, author, and colonizer (d.1813)
Full date unknown
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2010)|
|This Canadian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|