1746 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- April 8 Johann Sebastian Bach performs a copy he made of the Brockes Passion HWV 48 of George Frideric Handel at St. Thomas Church, Leipzig.
- Elias Gottlieb Haussmann completes his famous portrait of Johann Sebastian Bach
- 1746–1747 Bach adds two Chorale preludes (BWV 664 and 665) to his manuscript of the Great Eighteen Chorale Preludes.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Sechs Choräle von verschiedener Art
- George Frideric Handel – Occasional Oratorio, with words by Newburgh Hamilton
- Andrea Adolfati – La pace fra la virtù e la bellezza
- Thomas Arne – Neptune and Amphitrite
- Matteo Capranica – Alcibiade
- Jean-Marie Leclair – Scylla et Glaucus
- June 3 (probable) – James Hook (composer), composer (died 1827)
- November 15 – Joseph Quesnel, composer (died 1809)