From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1753 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Horse Guards in London, designed by William Kent and John Vardy, is completed.
- State House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, designed by Edmund Woolley and Andrew Hamilton, is completed.
- New Branicki Palace, Warsaw, designed by Johann Sigmund Deybel, is completed.
- First stage of Horace Walpole's Gothic Revival 'castle' at Strawberry Hill House near London is completed.
- Kastrupgård in Copenhagen, designed by Jacob Fortling for himself, is completed.
- Carlyle House, Alexandria, Virginia, is completed.
- Cuvilliés Theatre in the Munich Residenz, Bavaria, designed by François de Cuvilliés, is opened.
- Schlosstheater Schwetzingen in Schwetzingen Palace, Baden-Württemberg, designed by Nicolas de Pigage, is opened.
- Teatro Carignano in Turin, designed by Benedetto Alfieri, is opened.
- Church of Santa Caterina (Livorno), designed by Giovanni Del Fantasia, is opened.
- New church of San Geremia in Venice, designed by Carlo Corbellini, is built.
- Sunehri Masjid, Lahore ('Golden Mosque'), designed by Nawab Syed Bhikari Khan, is built.
- Outer Pagoda of Monk Wansong in Beijing is built.
- Barakoni church in Georgia is commissioned from Avtandil Shulavreli.