1755 in Wales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1755 in Wales.
- Opening of the longest single-span bridge in the world, over the River Taff at Pontypridd, completed by William Edwards at the third attempt.
- Following the death of his wife in this year, Griffith Jones (Llanddowror) goes to live at the home of Madam Bridget Bevan.
- The Brecknockshire Agricultural Society is formed.
Arts and literature
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- Morgan Rhys - Golwg o Ben Nebo, ar Wlad yr Addewid (collection of hymns)
- 22 February - Henry Nevill, 2nd Earl of Abergavenny (d. 1843)
- 5 July - Sarah Siddons, actress (d. 1831)
- 14 October - Thomas Charles of Bala, clergyman (d. 1814)