1761 in Wales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Edward Allgood II (1712–1801) establishes a japannery at Usk .
- Goronwy Owen buys a tobacco and cotton plantation in Virginia.
Arts and literature
- Thomas Pennant - British Zoology, volume 1
- John Wesley - Rules of the United Societies, translated into Welsh by John Evans of Bala.
- 16 February - Priscilla Bertie, 21st Baroness Willoughby de Eresby, Welsh-descended noblewoman and Baroness Gwydyr (died 1828)
- 15 July - Walter Davies (Gwallter Mechain), writer (died 1849)
- 11 October - David Charles, hymn-writer (died 1834)
- date unknown
- 4 February - Samuel Davies, Welsh-descended evangelist in America, 37 (pneumonia)
- 8 April - Griffith Jones Llanddowror, pioneer in education, 77
- 27 April - Sir William Williams, 2nd Baronet, of Clapton, Welsh-descended politician, ?31