1764 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1764
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1764 in Ireland.
- 3 January - The Brooke Baronetcy, of Colebrooke in the County of Fermanagh, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for Arthur Brooke, a member of the Irish House of Commons.
- Old Moore's Almanac first published by Theophilus Moore of Milltown, Dublin.
Arts and literature
- The English-born painter William Ashford arrives in Dublin; he will spend most of the rest of his life in Ireland.
- 15 February - Charles MacCarthy, soldier in the French, Dutch and British armies, governor in British West Africa (died 1824).
- 24 April - Thomas Addis Emmet, lawyer, politician and United Irishman (died 1827 in the United States).
- 1 June - Marcus Beresford, soldier and politician (died 1803).
- 30 June - Charles Bury, 1st Earl of Charleville, politician (died 1835).
- 21 August - Joseph Rogers, settler in the United States (died 1833).
- 25 August - James Hope, a leader of the United Irishmen in the Irish Rebellion of 1798 and insurrection of 1803 (died 1847).
- Arthur French, politician (died 1820).
- Charles O'Conor, priest and scholar (died 1828).
- Henry Charles Sirr, soldier (died 1841).