From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
The 1770s BC was a decade lasting from January 1, 1779 BC to December 31, 1770 BC.
Events and trends
- Investiture of Zimri-Lim, a painting of Zimri-Lim receiving the ring and staff from the goddess Ishtar, is made at the Royal Palace of Mari, Court 106, from around 1775 BC to 1760 BC. It is now at the Musee de Louvre, Paris.
- Rim-Sin I, ruler of the Middle Eastern city-state of Larsa since 1822 BC, according to the middle chronology
- Hammurabi, king of Babylon since 1792 BC, according to the middle chronology
- Shibtu, queen of Zimri-Lim from c. 1775 to 1761 BC
- Zimri-Lim, co-ruler of the city-state of Mari with Shibtu
- Yarim-Lim I, second king of the Amorite kingdom of Yamhad from c. 1780 to 1764 BC
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|