1772 in Denmark
|See also:||Other events of 1772
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1772 in Denmark.
- Monarch – Christian VII
- Prime minister – Johann Friedrich Struensee (until 17 January), Ove Høegh-Guldberg
- 18 January – Johann Friedrich Struensee, Enevold Brandt and Queen Juliana Maria as the culmination of a plot against Struense.
- 28April – Struense and Brandt are executed by beheading at the Eastern Commons outside Copenhagen. Afterwards their bodies are drawn and quartered.
- 30 April – Norwegian Society is founded in Copenhagen as a venue for Norwegian students.
- 16 May – The Danish-Algerian War ends.
- 14 October – Royal Danish Medical Society is founded.
- Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Denmark is designated as regent of Denmark.
- Mascerades, horse races and foreign line dancers are prohibited.
- The military language for use in writing and commands is changed from German to Danish.
- April 28
- 17 August – Christen Lindencrone, merchant and landowner (born 1703)
- A Royal Affair, 2012 film inspired by the events leading up to Struensee's death.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1772 in Denmark.|