1772 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1772
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1772 in Denmark.
- Monarch – Christian VII
- Prime minister – Johann Friedrich Struensee (until 17 January), Ove Høegh-Guldberg
- January 18 – Johann Friedrich Struensee, Enevold Brandt and Queen Juliana Maria as the culmination of a plot against Struense.
- April 28 – Struense and Brandt are executed by beheading at the Eastern Commons outside Copenhagen. Afterwards their bodies are drawn and quartered.
- April 30 – Norwegian Society is founded in Copenhagen as a venue for Norwegian students.
- October 14 – Royal Danish Medical Society is founded.
- Mascerades, horse races and foreign line dancers are prohibited.
- The military language for use in writing and commands is changed from German to Danish.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2011)|
- April 28
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1772 in Denmark.|