1780 in Portugal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Portugal|
Events in the year 1780 in Portugal.
- 16 January – Battle of Cape St. Vincent, a naval battle off the southern coast of Portugal during the Anglo-Spanish War. A British fleet defeated a Spanish squadron.
- 20 May – José Bernardino de Portugal e Castro, marquis (d. 1840)
- 12 July – Mouzinho da Silveira, statesman, jurist and politician (d. 1849)
- 18 January – Gaspar of Braganza, Archbishop of Braga (b. 1714)
- 23 October – João da Bemposta (b. 1726)
Full date missing
- Abade António da Costa, composer (b. 1714)
- Miguel António do Amaral, court painter (b. 1710)
- "José Homem Correia Teles". cm-estarreja.pt (in Portuguese). Retrieved 5 July 2018.