1783 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1783 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- September 24 - The Bolshoi Kamenny Theatre, in Saint Petersburg, Russia, designed by Antonio Rinaldi, opens with a performance of Paisiello’s opera Il mondo della luna.
- New Vilnius Cathedral in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, designed by Laurynas Gucevičius, is consecrated.
- Façade of Carmelite Church, Warsaw, Poland, designed by Efraim Szreger, is completed
- Laleli Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey, is rebuilt after a fire.
- Boston Light (lighthouse) rebuilt on the site of an earlier one destroyed in the American Revolution.
- Grand Prix de Rome, architecture: Antoine Vaudoyer.
- May 14 - Giuseppe Jappelli, Venetian architect (died 1852)
- June 2 - Solomon Willard, Massachusetts craftsman, architect and builder (died 1861)