1786 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1786
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1786 in Denmark.
- 4 March – The sc hool Efterslægtselskabets skole is founded in Copenhagen.
- 25 August – The Great Agrivultural Commission (Den Store Landbokommision) is set up with the task of rethinking the relationship between landowners and tenant farmers. It is formally abolished in 1816 but is inactive from 1802.
- The Danish–Icelandic Trade Monopoly ends.
- 28 January – Nathaniel Wallich, botanist (died 1854)
- 15 September – Frederik Treschow, supreme court attorney, politician, landowner and philanthropist (died 1869)
- 17 September – Christian VIII, King of Denmark (died 1848)
- January 8 — Johan Mandelberg, painter (born 1733)
- December 29 – Johan Herman Wessel, poet, playwright (born 1742)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1786 in Denmark.|