1787 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1777 . 1778 . 1779 . 1780 . 1781 . 1782 . 1783 ...
1784 1785 1786 -1787- 1788 1789 1790
... 1791 . 1792 . 1793 . 1794 . 1795 . 1796 . 1797 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1787 in architecture involved some significant events in architectural history.
- The Hameau de Chantilly, a group of cottages, is constructed by Bathilde d'Orléans, Duchess of Bourbon, in the gardens of the Élysée Palace in Paris, in imitation of a village at the Château de Chantilly, her principal residence.
- In Charleston, SC, the Unitarian Universalist Church is built (a National Historic Landmark).
- In Bedford, New York, the Court House in Bedford Village is built (renovated in the 1960s).
- In White Plains, NY, the second courthouse is built, on the foundation of the first (1759) courthouse.
- In Philadelphia, PA, the Morris House Hotel is built.
- In Jefferson County, Ohio, Fort Steuben is built and houses the first American Army Regiment.
- In Saint Petersburg (Russia), the Hermitage Theatre, designed by Giacomo Quarenghi, is completed.
- In suburban Vienna, the Theater auf der Wieden, designed by Andreas Zach, is built and opened.
- The Royal Pavilion, at Brighton (England) is established as a seaside retreat for George, Prince of Wales.
- The Church of La Soledad, Mexico City, designed by Father Gregorio Pérez Cancio with the help of architects Cayetano de Sigüenza, Ildefonso Iniesta Bejarano, Francisco Antonio de Guerrero y Torres and Ignacio Castera, is completed.
- The Al-Nabi Mosque, Qazvin (Persia), probably designed by Ustad Mirza Shirazi, is built.
- The Qingshui Temple in Taipei (Taiwan) is built.
- Dome of the Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Vita in Bologna (Italy), designed by Giuseppe Tubertini, is completed.
- January 26 - Aleksandr Vitberg, Russian Neoclassical architect (died 1855)
- November 26 - Pascal Coste, French architect and engineer working in Egypt (died 1879)
- date unknown
- April 7 - Sir Nigel Gresley, 6th Baronet, builder of Sir Nigel Gresley's Canal (born c.1727)
- May 8 - Antonio Brianti, Italian architect (born 1739)