From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 6 February – Captain John Hunter (former commander of the HMS Sirius) is appointed as Phillip's replacement as Governor. However, he is in England at the time and will not arrive until September 1795.
- 1 April – John Macarthur receives a further grant of 100 acres (0.40 km2) at Parramatta.
- 18 May – Yemmerrawanne dies in England.
- 20 August – A third attempt to cross the Blue Mountains is made, this time led by Henry Hacking; they return on 27th – unsuccessful.
- 17 December – Grose leaves New South Wales for England. His positions as Acting Governor and commander of the New South Wales Corps are both filled by William Paterson.
- The first road between Sydney and Paramatta is cleared
- 9 June – Possible death of Robert Ross (records are unclear).