1797 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The year 1797 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Ditherington Flax Mill, in Shrewsbury, England, is completed; by the end of the 20th century it will be the oldest iron-framed building in the world and the "grandfather of skyscrapers".
- First Bank of the United States in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, designed by Samuel Blodgett, is completed (begun in 1795).
- Old City Hall (Lancaster, Pennsylvania) is completed.
- Hassan Basha Mosque in Oran is built.
- Palace of Shaki Khans in Shaki, Azerbaijan is built.
|This architecture-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1797.|