|Directed by||T.C. Christensen|
|Edited by||Tanner Christensen|
17 Miracles, a film by T. C. Christensen, was released in 2011 by Excel Entertainment Group. Based on the reported experiences of members of the Willie Handcart Company of Mormon pioneers following their late-season start and subsequent winter journey to Salt Lake City in 1856, the film emphasizes perceived miracles experienced by individual participants during the journey. The film was released in select theaters across the United States in the summer of 2011, and distributed by Deseret Book Co. and affiliated retailers.
When Levi Savage, a former Mormon Battalion member and missionary to Asia, agrees to assist the Willie Handcart Company as they journey to Salt Lake City in 1856, the late start and onset of a bitter winter leaves the pioneers unprepared and suffering as they cross the plains of the Midwestern United States. Elizabeth Panting, a woman who has converted to the LDS Church, escapes her drunken husband with her two little children, joining the handcart company. With the threat of winter starvation, illness, wolves, freezing river crossings, and death following them throughout their journey, Levi and others also witness the occurrences of divine miracles that enable them to complete their journey and arrive in Salt Lake City.
- Jasen Wade as Levi Savage
- Emily Wadley as Elizabeth Panting
- Tomas Kofod as Jens Nielson
- Nathan Mitchell as Captain James G. Willie
- Bruce Newbold as The Traveler
- Jason Celaya as George Padley
- Natalie Blackman as Sarah Franks
- Travis Eberhard as Albert
Written and directed by T. C. Christensen (The Work and the Glory, The Testaments, Only a Stonecutter), and produced by Ron Tanner and T. C. Christensen, 17 Miracles debuted on June 2, 2011 in select theaters in Utah, and then across the United States. The film was subsequently released on DVD and Blu-ray for distribution by Excel Entertainment Group through Deseret Book and affiliated retailers.
- Alexander, Caresa (23 August 2011), "17 Miracles", Church News
- Means, Sean P. (8 June 2011), ""17 Miracles" a big hit on Monday night", The Salt Lake Tribune
- Toone, Trent (2 June 2011), "New movie '17 Miracles' highlights handcart miracles", Deseret News
- Wright, Doug (3 June 2011), "'17 Miracles' is packed with emotion", Deseret News
- Wright, Doug (3 June 2011), Doug & the Movies: '17 Miracles', KSL-TV