1801 in Norway
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||1801 in Denmark
List of years in Norway
Events in the year 1801 in Norway.
- April 2 – War of the Second Coalition – First Battle of Copenhagen: The British Royal Navy, under Admiral Sir Hyde Parker, forces the Royal Dano-Norwegian Navy to accept an armistice. Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson leads the main attack, deliberately disregarding his commander's signal to withdraw. He is created a Viscount on May 19; Denmark-Norway is forced to withdraw from the Second League of Armed Neutrality.
- The first complete and reliable census was held in Norway.
Arts and literature
- 4 February – Lauritz Dorenfeldt Jenssen, businessperson (d.1859)
Full date unknown
- Hother Erich Werner Bøttger, politician (d.1857)
- Olea Crøger, folk music collector (d.1855)
- Jan Henrik Nitter Hansen, businessman and politician (d.1879)
- Johan Frederik Thorne, businessperson and politician (d.1854)
- Everett, Jason M., ed. (2006). "1801". The People's Chronology. Thomson Gale.