1806 in Australia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Governor of New South Wales – Captain Philip King (until 12 August), then Captain William Bligh
- Lieutenant-Governor of Southern Van Diemen's Land – David Collins
- Lieutenant-Governor of Northern Van Diemen's Land – William Paterson
- 5 August – Captain William Bligh arrives in Sydney to take over the governorship.
- 12 August – Governor King boards HMS Buffalo for his return to England, and Bligh's commission is formally read.